May 2, 2018 Article
Finally, Samsung has started rolling out the long awaited Android 8.0 Oreo update for Samsung Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge devices. I mentioned in one of my previous posts that Samsung is working on pushing out the Oreo update for the Galaxy S7 series by Mid May this year but the update is even coming earlier than expected.
The first country to receive this new Oreo update is the United Kingdom but other markets are expected to follow soon. According to reports, Samsung is rolling out firmware version G930FXXU2ERD5 and G935FXXU2ERD5 for the Galaxy S7 and S7 edge in the UK. The update is currently available to both unlocked version as well Vodafone UK locked version of the device.
The update which weighs 1.3GB contains the latest April security patch, some improvements and well as all the standard Oreo features. It is currently rolling out to all users in the UK via OTA but you can check manually by heading over to your phone’s settings, then update.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
Get more stuff
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.
we respect your privacy and take protecting it seriously