Burnley 0 Chelsea 4 Match Highlight, Chelsea maintained their unbeaten start to the Premier League season as Alvaro Morata, Ross Barkley and Willian scored in a 4-0 win over Burnley at Turf Moor on Sunday.
The Blues made light work of Burnley in Eden Hazard’s absence – the Belgian missing with a back problem – as a devastating attacking display saw off the Clarets and moved Maurizio Sarri’s side up to second in the table, two points behind leaders Liverpool.
Barkley’s deft pass in the 22nd minute set Morata up for Chelsea’s opener and the England international scored in his third consecutive Premier League game 12 minutes into the second half to put the game beyond Sean Dyche’s side.
Willian added a third after 62 minutes with a wonderful finish from distance and Ruben Loftus-Cheek scored his fourth in two games as Chelsea cruised to a victory that leaves Burnley languishing in 15th.
Joe Hart had to be alert to deny Chelsea a 12th-minute opener, the Burnley goalkeeper pawing away Morata’s instinctive header from Barkley’s scuffed shot.
Robbie Brady – making his first appearance in 10 months after a knee injury – then flashed wide for the hosts before Willian went agonisingly close to breaking the deadlock, his precise effort coming off Hart’s left-hand post.
There was no such luck for the Clarets in the 22nd minute when Morata slotted into the bottom-left corner after latching onto Barkley’s incisive through ball.
Morata then squandered two golden chances to cement Chelsea’s superiority before the interval, first dragging wide after cutting inside Ben Mee and then firing straight at Hart after being picked out by Jorginho.
The rejuvenated Barkley doubled Chelsea’s advantage in the 57th minute, bursting forward from midfield and drilling into Hart’s bottom-left corner from 25 yards.
That was followed just five minutes later by a third from Willian, who cut in from the left and whipped a fine strike past Hart for his second league goal of the campaign.
Fresh from his hat-trick against BATE in the Europa League on Thursday, Loftus-Cheek slammed home a fourth from close range in stoppage time as Chelsea sent out an ominous statement about their title intentions.
Burnley 0 Chelsea 4 Match Highlight Key Opta Facts
– Burnley are yet to beat Chelsea at Turf Moor in a Premier League match (P5 W0 D1 L4) – their last home league win over the Blues was in April 1983 in the second tier.
– Burnley have won just two points from their last 13 home Premier League games against the ‘big six’, drawing two and losing 11 since a 2-0 win over Liverpool in August 2016.
– Chelsea are unbeaten after the first 10 games of a top-flight season for just the fifth time in their history alongside 1964-65, 1966-67, 2005-06 and 2014-15 – the went on to win the title in the two most recent occasions.
– Chelsea’s Ross Barkley has scored in three consecutive Premier League games for the first time in his career and is the first Englishman to do this for Chelsea since Frank Lampard in 2013.
– Ross Barkley was involved in all three of Chelsea’s goals in this game against Burnley (one goal, two assists) – only the second time in his Premier League career that he’s been involved in three goals in a single match and for the first time since November 2015 for Everton (vs Aston Villa).